Search This Blog

11.22.2011

Wayzata Idol

So um, I've been at Wayzata for five years now and I'd never been to Wayzata Idol until tonight, when I had the honor of judging and I can't even begin to explain how ridiculously talented y'all are. Doing something you love seems easy enough but getting up on stage and singing in front of peers is actually the hardest thing to do and I'm so very impressed. (See, look, I used very: a word I hate. You know I mean it.)

Shout out to Shreya. It takes some serious skill and courage to sing a song that difficult and it takes some serious soul to make it genuine. You nailed it. I might have teared up a little, but don't tell anyone. I can write that on my blog because only like five people read it so my heartless, ice-queen image can remain unscathed. Just kidding (sort of).  But back to the winner. Enjoy this feeling, and let it carry you at other times when you may need a pick-me-up. This is where it would be apropos to talk about running free or something symbolic like that, but I'm still at a loss for words. Such a great song. I'm gonna go listen to it and pretend that I can sing it half as well as you did.

Everyone else who performed or was backstage or backup band or vocals, your efforts have not gone unnoticed. Outstanding work all around. I'm impressed. Me--ice queen--I'm impressed. Have I said that I'm impressed? Because I am.

4 comments:

  1. Mrs. Cardona.
    Okay, so.
    My friends: "Hey should we go to Wayzata Idol?"
    Me: "I don't know...maybe."
    Jenna: "Kira, did you know Mrs. Cardona is going to sing the opening act?"
    Me: "6 tickets, please."
    And anyway, I was actually sooooo looking forward to getting to hear you sing, and I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wayzata Idol was so much fun and Parrrra and you were so good! I mean I knew you could sing cause you talked about all the choirs you were in during Grammar. But even so, I sort of forget that teachers have talents besides stuff related to the subject they teach in school... But don't worry, being one of the five people that read your blog I will not let on that you are actually NOT an Ice Queen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantabulous job in Wayzata Idol Mrs. Cardona! :D (Yes, I just used an emoticon. :P)

    ReplyDelete