- The AP Language Exam has the highest number of students who take it (430,000). This, of course, makes sense, because AP Lang is the best class in the Universe.
- Three students out of those 430,000 earned perfect scores. We hate them, and we are allowed to. They obviously cheated, or are Martians.
- 10.9% earned a 5.
- 20.2% earned a 4.
- 28.9% earned a 3. (This means that 60% passed; keep in mind that Wayzata typically scores higher than the average bear.)
- 28.0% earned a 2.
- 12.0% earned a 1.
- Question one was the easiest (synthesis), and question 3 was the most difficult (free response--with the quotations).
- Many students performed poorly on the Kennedy speech because they only analyzed style rather than style and purpose. Hopefully, you were one of the students who realized that form, audience, and purpose are all critical to completing a rhetorical analysis, and that style doesn't matter unless you connect it to rhetorical purpose. (I'm only saying that to make you nervous. I'm evil like that.)